Sep 15, 2015
Every so often I get questions on this, as many people don't
listen to podcasts at all, so I thought I'd write a little post to
help. There are three ways to listen to this show - subscribing,
downloading MP3s individually, or streaming.
- Subscribe if you can install apps on your
computer/phone, and want to be able to get the latest episodes
automatically. They will downloads as MP3s so you can play them
anywhere once they arrive.
- Download individually if you don't want to
install a podcast app, but just want to grab the audio files to
play on any device, especially if you just want the odd episode
here and there.
- Stream if you're on a computer where you're
not at liberty to actually download/install programs or MP3s,
and/or use a device that has TuneIn built in.
- Launch iTunes, search for "Air Adam Podcast" - you'll find me
there and can subscribe or manually get one of the old
- Each of my webpages has a link you just have to click which
will launch iTunes and take you to the page in the store. At the
of http://airadam.com, it's the
big black icon on the right. If you're at http://podcast.airadam.com, it's
the first white icon in the right hand panel, showing the iTunes
logo. Once you're in iTunes at the podcast's page, you can just
- iPhone "Podcasts"
- Very similar to the above; click the "Podcasts" item, put "Air
Adam Podcast" in the search, and it'll be there in the list of
podcasts. Subscribe from there, and you'll be able to get episodes
delivered directly to your phone.
other podcast applications
- There'll be an option somewhere to "Add Feed," "Subscribe
Manually," or similar. These programs will ask for the URL (or
sometimes "RSS address") for the show. You need to give this
- I'm an Android mobile user, and BeyondPod is
my favoured app; in there, you'd select "Add Feed," then click the
icon in the top right, then "Enter Feed Address," then paste the
- For iPhone users, I hear Downcast is
Pocket Casts for Android and iPhone is recommended by many
people, though it's not free - only a couple of quid though.
- One-off downloads
- On the main webpage (http://podcast.airadam.com), each
episode has a little icon that says "Pod" before each title.
That icon is a link to the MP3 file with the episode audio in it,
so just do the usual right-click "Save link as..." browser stuff
you normally would to save a file, and it'll download.
- If you're on http://airadam.com, it's similar - the
link is in text, directly below the episode
- The easiest way to listen to the podcast streaming is on TuneIn
radio. If you're on a computer with a web browser, just head
to http://tunein.com/radio/Air-Adam-Podcast-p570554/ -
you'll be able to listen to episodes with no extra software needed.
There's also a link icon on the right of my main podcast page which
will take you there.
- If you have the TuneIn mobile app, or a Sonos device, or
similar, you can search for "Air Adam Podcast" and it'll show up -
go from there.
- If you're on Facebook, there's a "Podcast
Player" tab on the Air Adam page which allows you
to stream episodes.
If you're new to the world of podcasts, I hope you find this